Addiction
She couldn’t stop. Another addiction but nothing like alcohol.
Stuck like glue. Not to the bottle. Stuck to the computer. Playing the game night after night. There must be subliminal messages on the screen, “play me, play me.” They were just dots. Lines of dots. Five in a row. Again.
by Lydia Velarde
Stuck like glue. Not to the bottle. Stuck to the computer. Playing the game night after night. There must be subliminal messages on the screen, “play me, play me.” They were just dots. Lines of dots. Five in a row. Again.
by Lydia Velarde


4 Comments:
I understand that feeling!
Great idea for a blog!
Brian Aldiss, the sci-fi author invented a genre that he called the "Mini-saga"around 1982. The Mini-saga is a story written in 50 words, not more not less. This evolved into a competition in the Daily Telegraph in London. At least three compilations were published in book form. The one I own is titled : "Mini Sagas from The Daily Telegraph Competition" edited by Brian Aldiss, Sutton Publishing, 1997.
Thanks, all.
susan, I've been lax in the updating, but I'm catching up now. I should be current by Friday of this week, which means daily updates of about twenty-five submissions each.
rejean,
I got this idea from a British blog of the same name, so perhaps that person got it from Brian Aldiss.
Post a Comment
<< Home