The Language of Women (In response to The Language of Men)
Dawn tearfully pressed the speed dial.
Carrie picked up on the first ring.
Dawn: "He's such a jerk."
Carrie: "I told you so, honey."
Dawn: "I just want us to be happy."
Carrie: "I'll be right over. Start a pot of coffee."
Dawn: "Don't forget the Haagen-Daz. I've got spoons."
by Mrs. Ris
Carrie picked up on the first ring.
Dawn: "He's such a jerk."
Carrie: "I told you so, honey."
Dawn: "I just want us to be happy."
Carrie: "I'll be right over. Start a pot of coffee."
Dawn: "Don't forget the Haagen-Daz. I've got spoons."
by Mrs. Ris


2 Comments:
Here's the original inspiration for my post:
The Language of Men
The bartender brought them fresh drinks. It was Frank’s round.
Joe said, “So what’d she say?”
“She gave me one of her looks.”
“What look is that?”
Frank shoved a dollar tip at the bartender.
“The one that says get lost.” he said.
“And then?”
“Here I am.”
They drank.
by Charles Deemer
Oh heavens, where's my fifty word fiction fix. I've missed it so.
Post a Comment
<< Home