Tuesday, May 31, 2005

The Beginning

I was on the internet the other day looking at some writing and journaling and artist oriented sites that contain numbers in their names. 1000 Journals, 52 Projects, 43 Folders, 20 Things, and came across this one called fifty word fiction. Based in the UK, it doesn't accept submissions any more, but it sounded like fun.

It says on the site, "If anyone wants to start up their own site using the same idea, please feel free.", so I am.

Please tell your friends, tell your neighbors, link to me, whatever, but make some submissions and I will post them. I can't offer prizes, 'cuz, well I'm a teacher and I have no money, but you'll get the satisfaction from accomplishing a task.* Right? Submit to me at fiftywordfiction at gmail.com.

*Yes, that is kinda lame. I am a teacher, though, so that lame crap comes naturally sometimes.

2 Comments:

Blogger Dean said...

Here's a question: does it have to be exactly fifty words?

I've self-imposed 50 as an absolute upper limit, but what if I come in at 47 words?

June 02, 2005 6:48 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

I think you should enforce an exact count, just to make it more challenging.

Of course, it's easy to throw in a few extra adjectives, so maybe an arbitrary hard and fast limit will just throw off the flow of the words.

It's a very cool idea - I like it.

*Hey, I just noticed the above is exactly 50 words. Perhaps I've found my literary métier. Of course, now I've wrecked it.

June 02, 2005 1:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home